Right here are Tips on Lumpy Skin Dieses. Lumpy skin disease (LSD) is an acute viral disease of cattle characterized by the eruption of variably sized skin nodules, edema of the limbs, and swelling of the superficial lymph nodes.
Lumpy skin disease (LSD) is caused by a lumpy skin disease virus (LSDV), a virus from the family Poxviridae, genus Capripoxvirus. Sheeppox virus and Goatpox virus are the two other virus species in this
2. Clinical signs:
○ Watery eyes,
○ increased nasal secretions,
○ enlarged superficial lymph nodes
○ loss of appetite,
○ reduced milk production,
○ depression and reluctance to move.
○ This is followed by the eruption of skin nodules that may cover the whole body. They can be found on any part of the body but are most numerous on the head and neck, perineum, genitalia and udder, and the limbs.
The principal means of transmission is believed to be by an arthropod vector.
Transmission by direct contact with infected animals can occur at a low level but this is not considered a major method of spread. Most infection is thought to be the result of insect transmission. Many different types of biting insects are thought to be involved. Transmission is thought to be mechanical rather than biological.
4.Post mortem findings:
Nodules are found in the subcutaneous tissues, muscle fascia, and muscles. They are grey-pink with necrotic cores. Nodules may also be found through the nasopharynx, trachea, bronchi, lungs, rumen, abomasum, renal cortex, testicles, and uterus.
○ On basis of signs and symptoms
○ Laboratory tests
Identification of agents through PCR and electron microscopy
○ No specific antiviral drugs
○ Antibiotics to prevent secondary infections
○ dressing of wounds lesions
7. Prevention and control:
○ Import restrictions and surveillance
○ restrictions of movement in infected animals
○ culling infected animals