The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Officer – Clinical Services (TO-CS)
- The Technical Officer – Clinical Services (TO-CS) will lead the delivery of health and nutrition intervention to the Cameroon refugees and host communities in his/her location by providing technical assistance and support to existing Government systems and structures to improve primary healthcare services and referral linkages.
- TO-CS shall be responsible for ensuring that effective, efficient and quality clinical services are provided at the respective health facilities where he/she shall be stationed.
- TO-CS will coordinate and lead the medical outreach team in providing health care to the refugees in the settlements and health care facilities.
- Responsible for ensuring that effective, efficient and quality clinical services are provided at the respective health facilities where he/she shall be stationed.
- Provide mentoring and on-the-job training for Health staff and Volunteers in supported Health facilities and in the settlements according to the National guidelines and SoPs.
- Support the setting up and strengthening of Ward/Village Development Committees to support health facilities and ensure their operations are in synergy with minimum standards of NPHCDA and BHCPF.
- Provide technical guidance to Assistant Technical Officers – Nutrition, Mental Health, Essential Drugs, M&E team in the team.
- Undertakes patients’ consultation and physical examination and promoting health education
- Responsible for generation of Note for File (NFF) for Persons of Concerns (PoC) requiring referrals to secondary and tertiary care; for purpose of approval by Project Manager
- Follow up with PoCs on admission at secondary or tertiary health facilities, monitor their management and progress, providing feedback and generating discharge summaries and verification of medical bills.
- Be responsible for ensuring that medicines and medical supplies are available for the outreach team for effective service delivery.
- Represent NRCS as a health partner in State and LGA level Health coordination meetings
- Support the celebration of UN Days (Refugee, HIV, Malaria, Breastfeeding, etc) in collaboration with the UNHCR, State governments as well as other Ips
- Support ambulance services/crew for referrals and transport of referrals of emergencies in PoC from PHC to secondary and tertiary health facilities in-line with UNHCR guidelines and SOPs including insured and un-insured refugees.
- Lead emergency response for PoC new arrivals
- Lead the assessment and screening of PoCs to address physical disability, visual impairment, hearing impairment, and albinism.
- Support uptake of high impact MNCH intervention such as immunization, Focused ANC, treatment of common ailment, MHPSS, CMR by PoCs through social mobilization, community engagement and school health program
- Support neglected tropical disease mass drug distribution and cervical cancer screening among PoCs and Long-lasting insecticide nets procurement and distribution.
- Support the team in the development of Terms of References for planned activities such as capacity building, missions, meetings, stakeholder engagements etc.
- Support to review weekly, monthly and quarterly project reports submitted by ATO for the team
- Review retirements and other financial documents before submission to NHQ
- Submit reports of Project activities to the NHQ
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Must be registered with Nigeria Medical and Dental Practitioner’s council
- Must possess a valid practicing license for 2023
- At least three years’ experience in clinical work or humanitarian settings.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability and willingness to stay at the project sites is required
- Ability to respect and maintain medical secrets and confidentiality at all times
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to distribution sites.
- High level of integrity
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in the local language.
- Excellent Advocacy skills
- In-depth Knowledge of PHC services in Nigeria
- Excellent report writing
- Coordination and team-building skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point etc.)
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Pay close attention to job description requirements as applicants that do not meet these requirements will not be considered.
- Applicants who fail to comply with application instructions above will not be considered.