First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Lead, Control Standards & Monitoring
Job Identification: 652
Job Schedule: Full time
- Coordinates and supervises activities of control standards and monitoring officers
- Support the development and maintenance of internal control framework, policies, and procedures
- Assist in the implementation of the Internal Control Framework and Fraud Risk Management Framework in the bank
- Preparation and review of annual internal control strategy and plan.
- Support the bankwide COSO adoption exercise led by Head, Control Techniques & Standards and follow up with all stakeholder departments to ensure their compliance
- Coordinates the reviews and updates of test plans in control review template to ensure changes made to head Office/branch processes and controls are reflected in the current procedure.
- Review the Risk Rating of branches, Head Office, and Subsidiaries to determine frequency of reviews and areas of focus for Control Officers
- Facilitates stakeholder engagements for process control changes and enhancements for implementation
- Maintains uniform standard on control documentations across branches and Head Office departments.
- Support the Head Control Techniques & Standards in change management efforts for control enhancements
- Develop communication materials in respect of process changes and control enhancement for internal and external stakeholders
- Periodic SOP review and update activities to ensure documentation of all controls in the bank’s systems, processes, and products
- Reviews exceptions noted per branch/cluster/regions/departments to determine effectiveness of controls and need for control enhancements.
- Periodically engage Control Managers to determine specific issues faced during control reviews for insight and process improvement.
- Identify root cause of control breaches with a view to recommending permanent solution that will forestall re-occurrence.
- Arrange and facilitate stakeholder’s engagement to determine effective resolution for issues identified.
- Monitor remediation phases of control gaps to ensure resolution within agreed timelines.
- Supervise walkthrough of remediated processes (post remediation).
- Review of implemented controls and ensure prompt update of the standard operating procedure.
- Develop and review control review templates for departments assigned by Head Control Techniques & Standards
- Coordinate the conduct of control awareness programmes for Control Officers to ensure standardization of control and monitoring activities and reduce knowledge gap among control officers in different teams
- Coordinate the conduct of control awareness programmes for all bank and subsidiaries’ staff and processors to improve control consciousness
- Review e-flyers contents for control training and awareness on topical issues and engage M&CC department for design and deployment bankwide
- Supervise quality assurance review of control officers’ uploads from review visitations and validate quality and timeliness scores
- Support Head, Control Techniques & Standards in reviewing product papers and recommending for approval after ensuring adequate control are instituted in the bank and subsidiaries’ various products and processes
- Assist Head, Control Techniques & Standards in periodic risk rating of branches, Head Office departments, strategic resource functions and the bank’s processes to ensure adequacy of control reviews, visitation, and resource allocation.
- Draft communication to stakeholders affected by internal control changes and obtain approval to disseminate
- Supervise quality assurance review, collation and reporting of Control Compliance Rating Scores, Operational Risk Rating and other scorecard inputs and obtain Head, Control Techniques & Standards’ approval before submission to BPM.
- Determine timeliness and quality of control officers’ report in line with methodology approved by Head, Control Techniques & Standards
- Provide the relevant data and support for Head Control Techniques & Standards in the risk-based assignment of control officers to oversight areas
- As part of the Bank’s Information Security requirements, maintain the security of all Information entrusted to the staff and comply with the principles and policies in the Information Security Handbook
- Support in driving ICEG project implementation and coordinate and track projects of other units.
- Coping with rapidly expanding branch network and product mix in an ever changing banking landscape.
- Dynamic and unpredictable risk environment
- Dealing with rapidly changing technological challenges and constraints.
- Minimum Education: B.Sc / HND in any relevant discipline (Accounting, Economics and any other related field)
- ICAN / ACCA / CISA qualification will be an added advantage
- Minimum experience – Ten years relevant working experience.
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2022 at 04:03 PM.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online