African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Assistant – STS
Location: Lome, Togo
Position Grade: GS5
- The Bank has reorganised and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex, whose primary objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions.
- Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa, East Africa, and Central Africa.
The Recruiting Department / Division
- The various Country Offices fall within one of the five (5) Regional Development, Integration and Service Delivery Hubs. Each Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices and non-presence countries.
- Under the Directorate General of West Africa Region, the African Development Bank’s Country Office in Togo was established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders, improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Team Assistant performs administrative and secretarial tasks for the Country Manager and staff, as well as messenger duties.
Under the general supervision of the Country Manager and the day-to-day supervision of the Country Office Administrative Assistant, the incumbent will perform the following administrative and secretarial tasks and functions:
- Make appointments for experts and other staff and maintain their schedules;
- Receive visitors and attend to them with tact and discretion
- Organise and participate in multiple meetings, appointments, lunches and events, ensuring adequate preparation
- Organise meetings based on the Country Manager’s schedule, preparing relevant documents, logistics and facilities
- Track documents, manage regular and faxed mail and memos
- Manage the flow of information, review, sort and monitor incoming and outgoing mail from the Country Office, taking into account the priority and urgency of the documents concerned, and organise the logical filing of correspondence
- Manage the flow of telephone calls
- Prepare and update diary and electronic address book; draft correspondence and documents following administrative instructions
- Draft memoranda and thank-you letters to be submitted for signature by the Country Manager, along with their supporting documents
- Prepare minutes of meetings and briefs
- Prepare and follow up on the Country Manager’s and staff members’ missions (air tickets, visas, hotel reservations, monitoring of per diem, transportation);
- Make arrangements for visits by delegations
- Perform any other administrative and secretarial tasks deemed necessary.
Selection Criteria (Skills, Knowledge and Experience)
- Hold a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Administration or a related discipline, combined with training in Secretarial / Administrative / Office Management, e.g. Higher National Diploma (BTS) in Secretarial Work, Diploma of Technical Studies (DUT), etc.
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience at increasingly senior levels in a senior manager’s office, ideally in an international organisation;
- Good knowledge of budgeting and planning is highly desirable
- Strong client service and organisational skills, ability to perform various tasks, pay attention to detail and work with a multi-disciplinary team
- High sense of initiative, enthusiasm, team spirit, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Proven initiative, discretion, integrity and good character
- Good written and oral communication skills in French or English; working knowledge of the other language will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in standard Bank software (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems would be an asset, and good typing skills are highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions. The post holder will be considered a short-term local staff