Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income-generating activities, and a wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
Location: Maiduguri, Borno / Mubi, Adamawa
Type of Contract (Expat/National/Trainee): National
Employment Period: 6 months
Area of Operation: Nigeria
Availability: 3rd October, 2022
Supervised by: Supply Chain Manager
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager
- Danish Refugee Council (DRC) has had an operational presence in Nigeria since 2015. DRC Nigeria is the largest DRC country mission in the West Africa region and one of the largest DRC country missions globally.
- Currently, DRC delivers life-saving assistance and protection to vulnerable, conflict-affected populations including internally displaced persons, returnees and host communities in the areas of armed violence reduction, humanitarian mine action, livelihoods, nutrition and food security, protection, shelter and non-food items (NFI) and water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in 30+ Local Government Areas (LGAs) across Borno, Adamawa and Yobe states in northeast Nigeria.
- Supply Chain Specialist provides support to the programme by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of supply chain activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines.
Coordinate with Supply Chain Manager and the team to make sure:
- Strategic procurement mechanisms are developed and implemented to continuously improve the effectiveness and efficiency of DRC procurement, with special regard for supply base optimization, long term agreements for common items, and emergency preparedness
- Participate in the evaluation of bids and proposals and make sure the bids evaluation report, technical evaluation, minutes of negotiations and negotiated contract in the selection of consultants contain all the facts and information required to justify the recommendations made in the report
- Archiving system, both soft copies and hard copies of documents as per procedure.
- Support field based with preparing their RFQs and ITBs relevant documents, as well as TOC (tender), reports for procurement & tender committee review.
- The timely coordination of all procurement processes required to satisfy Purchase Requisitions or Procurement PlansConstantly search the market for new suppliers that may provide better service or value for money for DRC.
- Assist in the strategic sourcing for frequently purchased items to ensure framework agreements with the suppliers and service providers are in place
- Ensure procurement files are accurate and records are in compliance to DRC and donor procurement policies, the filing system is properly established, all soft copies and hard copies of procurement files are accessible and manageable by auditors
- Ensure the non-winning suppliers receive notification from DRC about the status of their bids
- Responsible for ensuring that warehouse management tasks when required including ensuring warehouse documentation is maintained in accordance with DRC policies, overseeing deliveries to and dispatches from DRC warehouses and checking stocks levels.
- Follow up with relevant Storekeepers to get updated weekly and monthly stock reports.
- Initiate sporadic physical stock counts in collaboration with relevant staff, country wide
- Guarantee live update of stock report and dissemination to relevant management and staffs on a weekly basis
- Archiving of Warehouse documents both hard copies and soft copies.
- Explain and discrepancies of stock reports to management and archive it.
- Make sure stock reports are received and released as per DRC procedure, online via Dynamics system and offline.
- Work closely with supply chain manager and transfer information to storekeepers.
- Field visit to all DRC warehouses across Nigeria to make sure standard procedure is in place and followed.
- Advise management on exciting new warehouse spaces, need on new places with support from logistics team and procurement.
- Follow up with Logistics cluster on regulations and shipment movements.
- Dispose of items as per DRC procedure and government regulations.
- Responsible for the effective execution of qualitative and compliant asset & equipment and equipment processes and procedures in line with DRC’s & donor guidelines & standards.
- Inventory check on Assets and GPEs as per DRC procure monthly, bi-annually, and annually in all DRC Nigeria offices
- Work closely with supply chain manager, relevant logistics staff to make sure Assets and GPEs inventory database are updated accordingly to DRC operational handbook.
- Submit Assets and GPEs reports to donor up on closing of each project, and whenever requested.
- Plan with HR, IT and Procurement on need for new Assets.
- Archive of Assets and GPE documents both hard copies and soft copies.
- Dispose and transfer of Assets, GPEs as per DRC procedure and government regulations.
- Responsible for the entire country’s vehicle fleet operation in line with DRC and local fleet and transport policies.
- Ensure correct utilization and allocation of fleet across the country.
- DRC Fleet Operational Handbook is in place, explained and followed.
- Analyse and check country’s fleet data on running costs, utilisation and maintenance.
- Follow up with safety team on regular bases and share updates on critical situation with the team.
- Place contract for vehicle agreement whenever required.
Follow up and make sure facilities requests are processed:
- Track all requests.
- Study and analyze all requests and advise management on best way forward.
- Track all expenses on facilities.
- Work closely with Fleet team on Generator and Vehicle and other machinery.
- In consultation with Supply Chain Manager, plan and manage the capacity building of all staff, in addition to providing support to programme staff on relevant procedures and processes.
- The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted according to operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Economics, Engineering or relevant fields of study
- HND with relevant professional certification.
Experience and Technical Competencies:
- At least 5 years’ experience in supply chain management.
- Experience of building and developing the capacity of supply chain staff using training, performance management frameworks and development plans
- Knowledge & experience of dealing with service providers and contractors’ management.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word & Excel
- Experience in ERP System.
- Flexible & willing to work in a remote setting & to travel to other field locations.
- Experience with standard procurement procedures and documentation.
- Experience with construction and site project management.
- Experience with auto mechanics or electrical installations.
- Experience working in an (I)NGO
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in local spoken languages.
Required Skills & Qualities:
Core Competencies of DRC:
- Striving for excellence
- Taking the lead
- Demonstrating Integrity
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment
- Proactivity, with a sound commitment to teamwork and with a spirit of genuine collaboration
- Excellent communication skills, as well as patience and politeness, are required
- Multi-tasking and Organizational skills is a must
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Exemplary sense of ethics in the workplace
- High level of Integrity required
Salary and Conditions
- In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment.
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws.
- The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2022 at midnight (GMT-time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online