The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: State Office Admin and Resource Assistant
Pay band: 4
Contract type: Fixed Term ending December, 2022
- The post holder will be responsible for managing the administrative and logistical support to programme activities to ensure quality and timeliness of delivery; good control of resources and compliance with agreed programme management systems and processes; ensuring full and complete budgets are prepared and met for all activities with variance reports prepared as and when required; in coordination with other Programme Officers, take responsibility and utilize M&E tools for measuring and reporting results during the programme activity implementation.
- The postholder will take responsibility for administrative management of activities for MCN in Borno and ensuring coordination with other team members.
- The role may involve travels and project field visits to support MCN partners to collect and review information and data and provide technical support with regard to capturing evidence, lessons and detailed documentation of same.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Graduate level education
- Knowledge of the North East region of Nigeria, preferably Borno State
- Minimum of 2 years experience of working on programme logistics for an international organisation
- Experience of working as part of a successful team or function
- Experience of working with SAP.
- Experience of operating in a complex, multi-cultural context
- Experience of managing a vehicle fleet.
N6,154,368.00 per annum.
Application Closing Date
26th September, 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time).
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application
- The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.