The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Programme Director, Higher Education
Pay Band: 8
Contract Duration: 2-year fixed term
- The Director Programmes will manage the development and delivery of Higher Education portfolio in Nigeria including partnership work.
- This post will lead programmes/projects to a high standard and in compliance with British Council policies and procedures. The programme director will act as Senior Responsible Officer as required on programmes with an appropriate level of complexity and will manage large and geographically dispersed programme delivery teams.
Role Specific Knowledge and Experience
The main essential knowledge and experience points that we are looking for you to evidence are:
- Project management or equivalent qualification
- Extensive experience (more than 5 years) of leading and managing programmes or large projects
- Experience of managing multi country or large programmes that have met project closure standards and passed audits
- Experience of working with several different funding sources and knowledge of different programme frameworks and compliance rules
- Experience of working within a consortium arrangement or with other funding partners or sponsors and management of associated contracts
- Extensive experience of managing complex, senior, client, stakeholder and partner relationships and reporting requirements
- Experience of identifying risk, mitigating risk and monitoring risk and reporting risk through appropriate channels
- Experience of developing MEL frameworks and designing data collection mechanisms
- Experience of leading a large, diverse, dispersed project or programme team
- Experience of presenting and communicating programme success to a range of external audiences.
Role Specific Skills:
- Significant understanding and experience in Higher Education in Nigeria
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in Nigeria. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Application Closing Date
12th September, 2022 (23:59 South Africa Time).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online