Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full-time
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Career level: Entry Level
Reporting to: MEAL Officer
Proposed start date: December 2022
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Accountability Assistant who will be responsible to assist the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) unit and programs in implementing accountability activities such as daily visits to project sites with volunteers to collect complaints and escalate them to the appropriate unit for resolution.
- Participate in the design of programme monitoring and evaluation tools (IYCF registers, CMAM database etc.) to track projects progress;
- In collaboration with Nutrition and Health, WASH and FSL teams, ensure timely data collection, compilation and reporting according to programme MEAL plan;
- Conduct monthly data analysis and prepare monthly programme monitoring reports;
- Ensure the programme database is updated regularly;
- Support programme feedback meetings to communities, facilities and authorities;
- Support the MEAL Officers and MEAL Manager in data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations and other research as required;
- Plan, forecast and facilitate the production and supply of M&E tools and materials to supported sites;
- Conduct daily debriefing with data collectors and ensure that issues and challenges are reported to the M&E Officer;
- Support M&E Officer in collating program data for trend analysis per project;
- Support the MEAL Officers and MEAL Manager to monitor progress across all target communities and communicate findings and progress to Program Managers;
- Participate in evaluation of the projects (FSL, WASH, Nutrition and Health), focusing on data management of evaluation datasets;
- Support the dissemination and use of evaluation and research reports and propose changes for improvement to the team;
- Support report writing development of Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM).
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Rural Development, Business Administration, Statistics, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects;
- 1 year previous experience with local or international NGOs;
- Previous experience with FSL, WASH, and Health and Nutrition projects;
- Proficiency in the use of MS excel or other statistical package. e.g SPSS, STATA, ODK;
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri;
- Ability to work in partnership with government and development partners;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work within a team setting;
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility;
- Excellent communication skills including report writing.
Starting Basic Salary and Benefits
- NGN 216,006 / Month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 21st November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible.
- Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply