Seplat Energy Plc is a leading indigenous Nigerian oil and gas exploration and production company with a strategic focus on Nigeria, listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange (“LSE”) (LSE:SEPL) and Premium Board of the Nigerian Stock Exchange (“NSE”) (NSE:SEPLAT).
Seplat Energy is pursuing a Nigeria focused growth strategy and is well-positioned to participate in future divestment programmes by the international oil companies, farm-in opportunities and future licensing rounds. We are leading Nigeria’s energy transition towards cleaner, more reliable energy that is accessible to all.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Metering Engineer
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Responsible for all metering activities which include calibration, testing and repair, new facilities testing and technical assessments to ensure accurate measurements of oil and gas and to minimize revenue losses due to meter inaccuracies.
- Implement the requirements of SEPLAT metering policy and assume the responsibilities for the applicable metering and quality management inspection tasks to ensure metering integrity and prevent loss of revenue.
- Support all production activities to meet oil and gas targets with due consideration to operating cost and technical integrity
- Provide specialist metering and associated quality management inspection (including custody transfers and fiscal metering systems) maintenance support to all assets to ensure production efficiency through accurate volume measurements.
- Review and develop maintenance plans/work instructions for these systems and carry out audits and periodic analysis of maintenance and calibration activities to enhance metering integrity and maintain license to operate through regulatory compliance
- Maintain the corporate liquid and gas metering database and maintain traceable records for all Seplat metering system and routine recalibration to maintain technical integrity and enhance business objectives and add value to the Operations team, ensuring that produced oil & gas are correctly reported and measured, providing quality and maintenance checks to improve production efficiency.
- Support field trials and evaluation of new metering instrumentation and manage the custodianship of software backup for metering and quality management inspection software to ensure continuous business activity and ensure metering integrity.
- Keep abreast of new development in measuring technology and promote best practice sharing across the company and train operators on new developments in metering to enhance human capital development.
- Ensure that periodical crude oil and gas meter proving exercise and the system recertification exercise (prover loop calibration etc.) are carried out as provided for by the regulations (especially DPR regulations). Ensure the Monthly/Quarterly system validation of the Gas fiscal metering system are properly carried out with no issues with the Authorities and third parties in support of the business
- Ensure that all fiscal, legislative and allocation metering are maintained and operated to the standards required to satisfy contractual, legislative, and operational requirements in support of the business.
- Carry out performance monitoring programs, including control charting and availability reporting and troubleshoot and investigate metering system failures utilizing root cause analysis to sustain meter reliability and integrity.
- Interface with the Well Performance & Reservoir team, communicate the reliability of well test measurements and as required, assist the Process Engineer in carrying out metering related studies concerning environment, production, etc. to improve the business
- Supervise work completed by contractors (either on site or at Contractor’s workshop) and site teams, ensure compliance, effect necessary corrections, and submit to the Metering manager to improve metering integrity.
- Apply HSE management principles including procedures and instructions in supervising work by contractors (either on site or at Contractor’s workshop) and site teams to ensure compliance and effect necessary corrections in compliance to corporative objective.
- Bi-weekly /monthly meter calibration/proving
- All fiscal & custody transfer meters within the assets.
- Internal: Field Operations Manager, Metering manager, Production programmers, Production System Custodian & Management Reporting, Pipeline Operations, Maintenance Operations Team Leader, HSE, Engineering, C&P.
- External: Governmental regulatory body and JV partners (NUPRC, NAPIMS), Third party customers (Waltersmith, Addax), Vendors, Contractors, etc.
Job Context and Challenges:
- Respond to field operations problems and provide effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Respond to urgent requests by regulatory bodies and achieve metering system accuracy of 98-99%.
- May be required to visit fields with overnight stays.
Job Knowledge and Qualifications
- A minimum of B.Sc. Degree or HND in Instrumentation / Measurement & Control / Mechanical / Electrical / Petroleum Engineering and a minimum of 5 years technical professional with significant experience in oil and gas industry.
- Must possess good interpersonal, supervisory, communications, leading and coordinating skills.
- Be familiar with all relevant standards (ISOs, APIs, AGAs, NUPRC guidelines, etc.), types of meters, calculation methodologies and measurement allocation and reconciliation processes.
Application Closing Date
6th September, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online