Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries. We save children’s lives. We fight for their rights. We help them fulfil their potential. Save the Children is working in Nigeria because one in five children in Nigeria dies before their fifth birthday. About 40% of children miss out on school and have to work to survive while nearly 2 million children have lost one or both parents to an AIDS-related disease.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Livelihood Coordinator
Ref No: 22000653
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employee Status: Permanent
Contract Length: 3 years
Reports To: Sectoral Integration Coordinator
- Level 3: The role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- The Program Officer Coordination will support the Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance (BHA) in Konduga and Mafa to ensure quality and timely implementation and reporting (both internally and to donors) of the project activities.
- He/She will ensure regular project and sectoral deep-dive meetings are held with project focal persons from each sector to review both programmes spending, indicator progress and activity implementation.
- The Program Officer Coordination will work closely with the Konduga Program Coordinator and Sector Integration Coordinator to identify program operational bottlenecks, proffer viable solutions and ensure that the BHA program is implemented and reported on time, target and budget with quality and compliance.
Key Areas Of Responsibilities / Deliverables
- The Program Officer Coordination will support in coordinating with the Awards Management team, field teams and the MEAL team to ensure that all BHA monthly, quarterly and Annual report are completed on time, and appropriately reviewed
- Coordinate with the Sector Integration Coordinator to ensure timely situational reports, in addition to the provision of a weekly update on programme activities.
- Provide other communications and information materials on the response as requested
- Ensure that budget-monitoring reports for the programmes are responded to in time and with the correct information.
- The Program Officer Coordination will support in monitoring of budget vs variance (BVA) and transaction listings to track project performance and flag challenges that impact burn rates
- She/he will work closely with the BHA sector focal persons to ensure tracking of spending and pipelines at the supply chain and finance
- Support with identifying and communicating recharges and reclasses to Finance team to ensure project burn rates meets finance KPI and donor compliance.
Programme Management Support:
- Conduct regular deep dives with sector focal persons to identify bottlenecks that impact project spending/performance and develop action plans for improvement.
- Work with the Program-Ops team, MEAL, BHA sector focal persons and program manager to ensure all regular award monitoring – including reviews of IPTT, ATT and BvAs monthly
- Work with MEAL team to ensure reporting templates and data collection tools are standardized across the response
- Ensure that field teams are aware of and implementing with agreed M&E tools and the management team can monitor, review and evaluate the effectiveness and quality of programming
- Work with the Sector Integration Coordinator to ensure actions agreed by the response team are effectively tracked and followed up.
- Support teams in developing accessible and usable documents to support future proposal developments or capacity building of teams
- Ensures effectiveness of how teams are sharing and storing documents so that documentation is compliant with donor requirements and internal guidance. Also, ensuring that teams are maintaining their individual team filing requirements.
- Conduct training for staff and partners in knowledge management
- Contributes to knowledge management by supporting the documentation of best practices and sharing across field offices.
- Representation and coordination within the organization and other stakeholders
- Act as the focal point for member and VIP visits, ensuring that schedules are drafted and shared to maximize time available during high profile visits and ensure that coordination and detail sharing is completed
- Provide other support to the humanitarian teams as directed by your line manager
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc / BA Degree in a related academic discipline and equivalent work experience
- Three years of experience working with an International Non-Governmental Organization in a humanitarian setting
- Ability to write clear and well-argued project and assessment reports
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to organize multiple and competing priorities
- Excellent project management skills including very good budget management skills
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands-on implementation capacity
- Experience in preparing successful funding proposals for donors
- Excellent communication skills with a high level of written and spoken English
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Computer literate with the ability to carry out data analysis
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI’s aims, values and principles.
- Emergency response exposure is an added advantage
- Excellent Project Management skills, especially in managing integrated and multisectoral projects
- Proven capacity to supervise, train and coach staff
- Previous experience of managing a team.
Skills and Behaviours (Our Values in Practice):
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals, takes responsibility for their personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated and thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external implementing partners.
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Application Closing Date
8th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Save the Children is committed to ensuring that all our personnel and programmes are absolutely safe for children.
- We undertake rigorous procedures to ensure that only people suitable to work with children are allowed to join our organization and all candidates will, therefore, be subject to this scrutiny.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Applicants are advised that Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process. Any request in this direction should be immediately reported as it is contrary to the values and practices of our organization.
- Due to the volume of applications received, Save the Children may not provide feedback to all applicants.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible, as applications will be reviewed as received.
- Save the Children reserves the right to change the closing date, if considered necessary.