Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
We are recruiting to fill the position below;
Job Title: Finance Analyst
Reference ID: R95437
Locations: Port Harcourt – Rivers and Lagos
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
Slot: 3 Openings
Shell Nigeria Business Operations (SNBO) is looking for the following roles:
- Finance Advisor, Funding
- Finance Advisor, Joint Venture (JV)
- Finance Advisor Fixed Assets and Assets Under Construction (AUC)
Where you fit:
- Our Shared Service Centre, Shell Nigeria Business Operations (SNBO) is focused on driving operational excellence in process management with roles in Functional Operations activities.
- We enable Shell Exploration and Production Companies in Nigeria to operate competitively in a dynamic business environment.
- We are looking for high performing, experienced and skilled individuals with the drive to create significant business impact.
What’s the role?
- Provide world class Finance operations support to Shell Companies in Nigeria leveraging on cutting edge technology and top quartile technical skills.
- The role sits in the engine room that ensures the integrity and accuracy of the financial data of supported entities and ensuring that meaningful business insight can be derived therefrom.
- It requires laser sharp attention to detail coupled with an ability to zoom out and see the big picture.
- May operate in one or more of the broad activity areas in the Finance operations spectrum including: Business Reporting and Analysis, Financial Reporting and Analysis, Expenditure, Revenue, Treasury, Governance & Risk Assurance amongst others.
- This role will provide in-team subject matter expertise, peer guidance and support to their immediate teams and the wider Finance operations function in general.
- The job location for this role applies to Port Harcourt and Lagos.
Candidates can expect to function in on one of the following Operational areas with the opportunity to rotate into other areas over the course of their career:
- Cash Management.
- Budget Performance Monitoring.
- Workplan & Budget Analysis and Latest Estimates.
- Ledger Entries and cost allocation.
- Management Information reporting.
- SAP Cost Object Maintenance.
- Requisition to Pay Finance Support.
- Assets under Construction and Difference in Exchange reviews.
- Payroll Processing.
- Statutory Compliance.
- Vendor Relations.
- Invoice Processing.
- Indirect Tax & Transfer Pricing.
- Disbursement audit.
- Treasury Operations.
- Hydrocarbon entitlement computations.
- Customer Billings.
- Receipt allocation.
- Receivables Management.
Reporting and Analysis:
- Group reporting.
- Statutory account preparation.
- Financial Statement Latest Estimates.
- Financial Accounting for JVs & PSCs.
- Fixed Assets accounting.
- Working capital Management.
- Systems Review and Improvement (SAP/BW).
- Cash Forecasting.
- Counterparty Risk Management.
- Fund Management operations.
- Payment processing.
- Card transaction management.
Governance & Risk Assurance:
- Sox compliance.
- Controls Review and registration.
- Disbursement Audit.
- Incident reporting.
Planning, Budgeting & Management Information Reporting:
- Management Information Reporting/Dashboards.
- Reporting Template Maintenance and Standardization.
- Report automation using Macros and Visual Basic.
- Master and transaction data integrity and availability.
- Business Plan upload and update.
- Budget approval and cost recovery process support.
What we need from you?
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree
- 2years to 6 years post-graduation work experience in accounting or finance Analyst role and good understanding of financial concepts and standards.
- Professional Accounting Qualification such as ACA, ACCA, CIMA will be an added advantage.
Significant experience in one or more of the following will be an added advantage:
- Use of SAP and Business Warehouse or other ERP and MI systems.
- Management Information and reporting.
- Stakeholder management and negotiation skills.
- Working in a multinational corporation with international reporting lines.
- Treasury Management and Operations or banking experience.
- Financial Accounting Controlling and Reporting.
- Payroll processing and PAYE tax administration.
- Post-qualification experience in Audit practice and/or Assurance services.
- Development of Management Information solutions using macros and Visual Basic.
- ERP and Management Information systems change management experience.
The successful candidate should have commercial acumen and drive as well as a Strong Business Partnering Focus characterized by:
- A deep understanding of the impact of external trends and competition and its impact on the Oil & Gas Business.
- Ability to boldly challenge the Business/Function to think through strategic issues and value opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, articulate, initiate and deliver high-impact value propositions, overcoming political and organizational barriers.
- Initiation of or participation in cross-Business/Function and/or external collaborative efforts that significantly benefit the bottom line.
- Logical yet innovative approach to problem solving.
- Be excellent team players with demonstrated ability to contribute positively to team dynamics, with a balanced focus on delivery, development and personal life.
- Have high ethical standards, integrity, a personal culture of maintaining confidentiality of sensitive information and of compliance to organizational policies and procedures.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online