African Development Bank Group (AfDB) – Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank’s development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver – STS
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Position Grade: GS3
- The Bank has reorganised and is developing the Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Complex, whose major objective is to build regional capabilities and bring responsibility for client activities closer to the regions.
- Five Regional Development, Integration and Business Delivery Hubs have been created, each run by a Director General: Southern Africa, North Africa, West Africa, East Africa, and Central Africa.
Hiring Department / Division
- The various Country Offices fall within one of the five (5) Regional Development, Integration and Service Delivery Hubs. Each Hub oversees a combination of country and liaison offices, as well as non-presence countries.
- Under the Directorate General of Central Africa Regional, the African Development Bank’s Country Office in Cameroon was established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders, improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
- The Driver will be required to provide safe and reliable driving services for the Central Africa Regional Directorate ( RDGC) and perform office courier duties.
Under the supervision of the Director General, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Support the Operation with a focus on Office staff, visiting missions and official delegations of the Office on official duty in Cameroon as and when required;
- Transport the Director General and/or other staff or provide other driving services, as assigned in the conduct of the Bank’s operations
- Ensure routine maintenance of Office vehicles
- Perform office messenger duties
- Always represent the Bank in a professional manner with respect to appearance and conduct
- Ensure cleaning of vehicles, keep records of official travel, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, lubrication, etc.
- Ensure that the formalities provided for in the regulations are met in the event of an accident
- Support the protocol functions of the Bank
- Perform any other official duties as requested.
Selection Criteria (Skills, Knowledge and Experience)
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience:
- Hold at least a High School Diploma
- Hold a valid driving licence with a clean track record
- Possess any additional documentation or certification to carry out the job
- Have the right to work in Cameroon
- Have a minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience as a driver in an international/multinational institution or a public or private sector organisation
- Experience and skills in minor vehicle repairs and regular vehicle maintenance.
- Have a working knowledge of the rules and regulations to be observed for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of vehicles
- Demonstrate initiative, be discreet, honest and have good character.
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills (written and oral) in English or French. Working knowledge of the other language will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Access). Familiarity with SAP is an asset.
Application Closing Date
25th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position does not attract international terms and conditions. The post holder will be considered a short-term local staff