The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Driver
Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the direction of the Admin Assistant, the driver shall provide a variety of transportation support to the project.
- Convey NRCS Staff, Volunteers, Partners and Consultants to designated approved locations.
- Ensure adequate safety, cleanliness, security and maintenance of the project vehicle assigned.
- Ensure proper day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle through timely communication of minor repairs, arrangements for major repairs, timely changes of oil, check of tires, brakes, car washing, etc.
- Ensure availability of all the required documents/supplies including vehicle insurance, vehicle logs, office directory, and necessary spare parts.
- Plan route and requirements by studying schedule or ad-hoc request by the office.
- Ensure passengers adhere to all road safety regulations.
- Fulfill special request by picking up and delivering items as directed and running errands
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- Secondary School Leaving Certificates, apprentice certificate or any other equivalent certificates with a minimum of 1 year experience.
- Must have a trade test certificate and a valid driving license.
- Must have expert knowledge of driving rules and regulations.
- Experience as a driver mechanic will be an added advantage.
- Experience with large complex organization preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Matured and willing to work at odd hours.
- Good written, oral, interpersonal and organization skills.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors and PoCs.
- Understanding of NRCS Fundamental Principles and Code of Conduct.
- Communicating, and a curious and effective listener
- Ability to protect the reputation of NRCS through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- High ethical standards and honesty in handling the organizational resources and zero tolerance to corruption
- Culturally sensitive, globally minded and showing respect to the views and opinions of others
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team
- Ability to work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.