First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Quality Associate
Job Identification: 689
Job Schedule: Full time
- Support the Team Lead Data Quality in executing the Bank’s overall Data Quality (DQ) Management activities, from planning to development, implementation and operationalization of the DQ Management framework as well as the various projects and quality improvement initiatives.
- Work in the Data Quality team to build the culture of data quality management through promoting data as an asset, consistently sensitizing all stakeholders and instilling accountability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement and operationalize the Data Quality Management framework elements which include Data Quality standards, procedures, usage guidelines and principles
- Participate in the execution of data governance, development of policies, processes, and metrics to improve and maintain the quality and ownership of data (including data owners, stewards and custodians).
- Support the implementation of data quality strategies & processes across the entire data lifecycle management framework
- Provide recommendations and best practices for data element, data definitions, business rule writing, and metadata management procedures
- Conduct root cause analysis with data domain governors, data users and data custodians (IT) to ensure that the root cause of reported data issues is understood and that those underlying problems and associated symptoms are resolved.
- Establish & monitor and report Data Quality Scorecards bank wide.
- Participate in periodic data profiling to uncover potential gaps in the data and coordinate actions to close them.
- Participate in data quality improvement initiatives and deliver on expected outcomes
- Monitor and publish Data Quality dashboards to report on the levels of quality for critical data elements as well as for monitoring cleansing progress for the data quality improvement initiatives.
- Participate in assigned data remediation projects and tasks required to meet the desired level of data quality maturity.
- Promote the concept of Data Quality Management across the bank.
- Develop relevant communication and awareness initiatives to support the effective implementation of change
- Serve as the key subject matter expert and resource for assigned Data Quality related matters
- Assess the impact of introduced changes (architecture and business processes) to people, process and systems and develop relevant communication and awareness initiatives to support the effective implementation of change
- Collaborate closely with other teams within the CDO office to ensure consistency and a synchronized approach to all data related issues
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed
- Minimum of a First Degree or its equivalent in a Business /IT related discipline
- Masters, MBA or a recognized professional certification will be an added advantage
Key Competency Requirements:
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge and application of process improvement tools
- Good understanding of Nigerian financial services industry
- Knowledge of Master Data Management and the ability to anticipate typical MDM implementation challenges and proffer practical solutions
- Good knowledge of the concept of Business Intelligence, Analytics & Big Data and demonstrated a good understanding of their impact on ROI. Has appreciable knowledge of the concept of Reference Data Management Metadata Management and its benefits
- Appreciable understanding of the fundamentals and tangible benefits of Data Quality (DQ), Data Governance (DG) and Data Management.
- Good understanding of trends in digital banking, Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Good grasp of project management techniques and has participated in project execution previously
Skills & Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff
- Highly motivated individual with creative problem-solving ability and eagerness to learn in instances where technical skills and understanding may be lacking;
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with other business leads
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Project Management Skills
- Team Building
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2022 ( 03:14 PM).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online