First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria’s largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Governance Associate
Job Identification: 690
- Support the Team Lead Data Governance in executing the Bank’s overall Data Governance (DG) Management activities, from planning to development, implementation and operationalization of the Data Governance framework as well as the various projects and initiatives.
- Work in the Data Governance team to establish a Data Governance culture by promoting data as an asset, instilling accountability while ensuring the integrity, usability, and security of all enterprise data assets.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the overall Data Governance program at the Enterprise level as well as departmental and unit levels
- Operationalize and implement the data governance strategic and tactical plans and activities
- Implement and operationalize the Enterprise Data Governance standards, policies, procedures, usage guidelines and principles
- Support the implementation of strategies & processes across the entire data lifecycle management framework
- Facilitate sharing and adoption of data governance best practices through regular communication within the bank, e.g. flyers
- Define, monitor and report enterprise data governance metrics for key data domains.
- Serve as SME (Subject Matter Expert) and resource on assigned data governance activities/related issues
- Assess the impact of introduced changes to people, process and systems and develop relevant communication and awareness initiatives to support the effective implementation of change
- Review and respond to queries on Data Governance matters
- Perform process review on data quality impacting business processes and provide recommendations for processes improvements
- Participate and contribute to group activities: task assignments, & related work as assigned
- Develop and manage data governance requirements for assigned projects
- Build strong relationship with stakeholders to influence consistent implementation and operationalization of data governance policies, processes, standards, and guidelines across business areas as assigned
- Collaborate closely with other teams within the CDO office to ensure consistency and a synchronized approach to data governance issues
- Perform other related duties or assignments as directed
- Minimum of a First Degree or its equivalent in a Business / IT related discipline
- Masters, MBA or a recognized professional certification will be an added advantage.
Key Competency Requirements:
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge and application of process improvement tools
- Good understanding of Nigerian financial services industry
- Good Understanding of Data Modeling (Conceptual, Logical and Physical)
- Good knowledge of data governance industry best practices
- Good understanding of governance structures and frameworks
- Good understanding of data architecture theory and methodologies
- Good understanding of data management
- Familiarity with reporting and query tools, working knowledge of SQL and relational database system.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management and the ability to anticipate typical MDM implementation challenges and proffer practical solutions
- Appreciable understanding of the fundamentals and tangible benefits of Data Quality (DQ), Data Governance (DG) and Data Management.
- Good understanding of trends in digital banking, Big Data Analytics, Machine Learning (ML) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Good grasp of project management techniques and has participated in project execution previously
Skill / Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to inspire effective teamwork and motivate staff
- Highly motivated individual with creative problem-solving ability and eagerness to learn in instances where technical skills and understanding may be lacking;
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with other business leads
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Project Management Skills
- Team Building
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal, consulting, and relationship management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft office packages.
Application Closing Date
14th October, 2022; 15:14.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online