The Imo State College of Education (Technical) is a state government higher education institution located in Ihitte / Uboma, Imo State, Nigeria.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: College Librarian
Location: Ihitte / Uboma, Imo
- College Librarian shall be responsible to the Provost for the administration of the College Library and the Coordination of the Library Services in the Teaching Units.
Qualifications and Experiences
Applicants for the post of College Librarian, should possess:
- At most Doctorate Degree in Library Science or related field with ten (10) years College Library experience
- Possession of several scholarly publications, administrative experience and ability to provide academic leadership
- Candidate must have served for NOT less than five (5) years at the level of Deputy College Librarian in a College/comparable institution
- Knowledge of ICT is mandatory
- Membership of relevant professional association is mandatory.
Terms of Appoitment
- The appointment is for a tenure of four (4) years in the first instance/otherwise but the candidate may be eligible for re-appointment for a second term and final term of four (4) years based on satisfactory performance.
- The salary/remunerations are as contained in the Conditions of Service for Principal Officers of the Colleges of Education in Nigeria and as may be determined by Government policies from time to time.
Application Closing Date
14th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should attach to their Applications, fifteen (15) copies of their up-to-date Curriculum Vitae which must include the following:
- Full names, surname underlined
- Marital status and number of children, including the age of each
- Date and place of birth, Local Government Area and State of Origin (attach birth certificate)
- Current postal address and Permanent home address
- Educational institutions attended with dates
- Academic and professional qualification and distinctions with dates
- Membership of Professional Association/Bodies
- Work experience in chronological sequence
- Present Employer-status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- Publications in standard APA format
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees, one of whom must be the present
- Signature and Date
- Post Applied for and (15) Services to Local and International bodies.
Applications with photocopies of credentials and other supporting documents should be addressed and forwarded to:
The Ag. Registrar,
Imo State College of Education,
P. O. Box 1690, Owerri,
Imo State, Nigeria.
Note: Candidates are required to request their referees to send confidential reports on them to the same address as above before the closing date.