Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Capital Human Resources Manager
Location: Abuja, FCT.
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Head of Department HR
Proposed start date: December 2022
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Capital Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for supporting the Implementation of HR policies and procedures of the Nigeria country office to ensure optimum HR performance and provide high-quality HR support to staff and programs.
- Implement the mission’s Human Resources policies and procedures at the capital office. Propose change when necessary, in order to ensure ongoing compliance with National Labour Laws. Any adjustment of existing HR policies and procedures will require prior discussion with the Head of HR Department and ratification by the HQ HR Advisor;
- Responsible for social dialogue at the capital office in collaboration with the Learning and Development Manager and Head of HR Department;
- Carry out disciplinary proceedings and dealing with disputes as assigned by Head of HR Department;
- Oversee the timesheets process for all staff in the mission;
- Develop and maintain the leave plan templates on the shared folder platform. Liaise with the base HR teams to ensure that a leave plan is developed for all staff in the mission;
- Oversee the processing of all national staff contracts;
- Follow up on all exit processes in the mission and ensure compliance with local laws and regulations;
- Act as the focal point in the mission for payroll and HOMERE software, answering questions as needed and communicating all changes or updates;
- Ensure the payroll database is accurate and reflects all the updates on the ground, as Homere is the HR database for the mission;
- In liaison with the Finance department, ensure that all taxes and social security contributions ( National Housing Fund, Pension, etc) are correctly calculated and filed with the relevant governmental authority as per the required schedules;
- Administer the benefits and insurance schemes for national staff, ensuring compliance with local labour regulations;
- Act as the focal point in the mission for resolving pension remittance issues;
- Compile the monthly HR reports for the Abuja office and submit them to the Deputy Head of HR Department by the 5th of the following month;
- Represent Action Against Hunger and support the logistics department to negotiate with all HR-related suppliers – insurance providers, hotel, travel agent, meeting venues, etc;
- In liaison with the Head of HR Department, define the Human Resources needs and produce the organisational chart of the team;
- Monitor the performance and conduct appraisal interviews for team members;
- Provide technical support to the teams;
- Identify the learning and development needs of team members.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant disciplines (Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences etc.). Relevant Master’s degree and additional Human Resources professional training an advantage;
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience as a HR professional in International NGO context;
- Background/familiarity with emergency;
- Humanitarian field experience, preferably as a member of a country management team;
- Strong knowledge of management, recruitment, payroll & benefits management, training & development, and team management;
- Understanding of national labor law and employment norms and practices;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with experience communicating in different cultural work environments & with a wide diversity of culture;
- Approachable, diplomatic, respecting confidentiality, and able to work effectively in diverse, cross-cultural teams in a complex, multi-site work environment;
- Computer literacy including all Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook);
- Highly organized, detail oriented and able to work under pressure;
- Disciplined, rigorous, self-motivated and able to set and meet deadlines, work autonomously and arrive at decisions and conclusions with minimal guidance, and within timeline;
- Capacity for analysis, synthesis and reporting of large amounts of information;
- Commitment to Action Against Hunger charter and values;
- Previous ACTION AGAINST HUNGER experience a plus;
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
Starting Basic Salary
N812,290 NGN per month (excluding other benefits).
Application Closing Date
Wednesday, 16th November 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply