The Nigerian Red Cross Society (NRCS) was established through an Act of the Parliament in 1960 to complement public authorities in humanitarian interventions with the mandate to prevent and alleviate human suffering at times of peace or conflict, and to support individuals and communities to respond effectively to emergencies, without any form of discrimination as to class, gender, race, political opinions or religion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Monitoring and Evaluation (ATO – M&E)
- Assistant Technical Officer – Monitoring & Evaluation will support the operationalization of M&E systems on the projects to ensure compliance with NRCS and Donor M&E standards.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Collate the teams weekly, monthly and quarterly project reports
- Lead on the implementation of facility balanced score card assessment.
- Support the operationalization of M&E systems on the projects to ensure compliance with donor and NRCS M&E standards
- Provide technical inputs in the design, implementation, and refinement of a comprehensive M&E system to track and monitor progress based on the Performance Framework for the project.
- Track, report and monitor project indicators to ensure compliance and achievement to donor obligation
- Ensure timely and quality data collection, entry, analysis, and interpretation by working closely with the outreach and PHC team
- Support the team in the development of Terms of References for planned activities such as capacity building, missions, meetings, stakeholder engagements etc.
- Submit reports of Project activities to the NHQ
- Support the team to identify lessons learned and best practices, and produce case studies and human interest stories through collation and analysis of M&E information
- Be available to participate in sectorial training organized by NRCS/UNHCR or external stakeholders.
Duties applicable to all staff:
- Actively work towards the achievement of the NRCS goals
- Abide by and work in accordance with the Red Cross Fundamental Principles and NRCS Statutes
- Show capacity to assist other members of staff and management, aptitude for maintaining cooperation and team spirit necessary to achieve the objectives of the National Society
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by Line Manager
- Candidates should possess an HND / B.Sc Degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience.
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Good leadership and accountability skills
- Strong judgment and ability to identify and analyse problems and to think strategically to anticipate, interpret and develop strategic responses to issues
- Ability to persuade, influence, negotiate, manage and sustain effective, successful strategic relationships both internally and externally
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office tools
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Understanding of NRCS Fundamental Principles and Code of Conduct.
- Communicating, and a curious and effective listener
- Ability to protect the reputation of NRCS through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- High ethical standards and honesty in handling the organizational resources and zero tolerance to corruption
- Culturally sensitive, globally minded and showing respect to the views and opinions of others
- Ability to collaborate and work well in a team
- Ability to work under pressure.
Application Closing Date
25th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: email@example.com using the Job Title as the subject of the email.