The Nigerian Air Force is the air branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is one of the largest in Africa, consisting of about 15,000 personnel and aircraft including 8 Chinese Chengdu F-7s, 13 Dassault-Dornier Alpha Jets, Helicopter gunships, armed attack drones and military transport aircraft.
The NAF invites applications from qualified candidates for training as Direct Short Service Cadets in the capacity below:
Job Title: Air Provost
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc Degree in Sociology, Criminology, Psychology, LLB, BL, (Lab Scientist).
Academic / Professional Qualification and Requirements
- Interested applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Upper Division for holders of the First Degree and Upper Credit for HND holders. In addition, applicants must possess credit in English Language and Mathematics and degree course of study. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Letter of Exemption from NYSC at the time of applying for DSSC.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria where applicable.
General Instructions For Applicants
- Nationality: Applicants must be Nigerian citizens by birth, and possess national identity card/NIN or BVN.
- Age: Applicants must be between the ages of 20 and 30 years by 14 October 2023 (25 – 40 years for Medical Consultants). Please note the following:
- Candidates born before 13 October 1993 are not eligible, while candidates born before 13 October 1983 are not eligible for medical consultants.
- The Exercise is not for serving personnel desiring Branch Commission. Therefore, personnel above 30 years of age (born before 13 October 1993) are not to apply.
- Marital Status: All applicants must be single.
- Height: Minimum height is 1.66 metresfor males and 1.63 metresfor females.
- Medical Fitness: Applicants must be medically fit and meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
- Local Government Area Attestation Form: Applicants’ Local Government Area Attestation Form must be signed by a military officer from the same State as the applicants not below the rank of Wing Commander in the Nigerian Air Force or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Navy or a Police Officer of the rank of Assistant Commissioner and above, or Local Government Area Chairmen/Secretaries and Magistrates from the Local Government Area of the applicants, Registrar, DVC, Provost of applicant Institute. The Local Government Area Attestation Form must be accompanied by the passport photograph and photocopy of the signees’ Drivers Licence or National ID Card or International Passport. The signee is also to authenticate behind the applicants’ passport photograph.
- Letter of Attestation of Good Character. A separate Letter of Attestation of Good Character is required of every candidates. The letter could be attest and authenticated by the same signee in Paragraph 6 above or any eligible personality from different state but of equal status of the aforementioned. Candidates are to print out the Letter of Attestation of Good Character form and forward same for the signee to fill and signed accordingly with his/her official stamp and other means of identification documents such as Drivers’ License, International Passport, National Identity Card and Voters Card.
- Presentation of original credentials: Successful applicants are required to submit their original credentials for scrutiny at the Selection Board Interview Exercise. The credentials include the following:
- Eight recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by the officer of appropriate rank as specified in Bullet point 6 (Local Government Area Attestation Form).
- Original and Photocopy of Birth Certificate or Declaration of Age.
- Original and Photocopy of Educational/Professional Certificates.
- Original and Photocopy of Indigeneship Certificate from applicant’s Local Government/State of Origin.
- Original and Photocopy of Attestation of Good Character signed by Officer of appropriate rank as specified in Paragraph 6.
- Completed Application Forms: On completion of the application forms, applicants must print out the underlisted documents:
- Acknowledgment Slip.
- Attestation of Parent/Guardians Form.
- Local Government Area Attestation Form.
- Letter of Attestation of Good Character Form.
Application Closing Date
30th January, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Important Information / Notice
- Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the Selection Exercise. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicants will be handed over to the Nigeria Police for prosecution.
- The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any enquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been rejected. Interested applicants are to note that the online registration is FREE OF CHARGE. Applicants are required to fill in valid email addresses and telephone numbers in the appropriate spaces provided in the Application Form.
- Successful applicants would be invited for Screening Exercise through the NAF Recruitment Portal: www.nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng. In addition to this, email and phone numbers could be used as deemed necessary.
- Application Process is FREE OF CHARGE and no payment should be made at any point throughout the Exercise.
- For Support, please call: 09064432351 or 09055840142 or Email: email@example.com. All phone lines are available from Monday to Friday between 9:30AM and 5:30PM.