Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Accountability Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job type: Full Time
Career level: Entry Level
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
Reporting to: Accountability Officer
Proposed start date: December 2022
- We are currently looking to fill the role of Accountability Assistant who will be responsible to assist the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning (MEAL) unit and programs in implementing accountability activities such as daily visits to project sites with volunteers to collect complaints and escalate them to the appropriate unit for resolution.
- Ensure through a systematic way that during distributions, helpdesk/information table are established to the community members to answer beneficiary comments/questions;
- Support the entry of complaints into the Action Against Hunger’s complaints and feedback database;
- Prepare bi-weekly reports showing the various categories of complaints and the status of the complaints;
- Lead in the handling of the Action Against Hunger’s toll-free lines;
- Support training sessions of relevant staff members to support and ensure quality implementation of accountability mechanisms and information provision plans;
- Support coordination of FSL, WASH, And Nutrition and Health projects monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual reviews and reports as required;
- Participate in dissemination of program information to communities, beneficiaries, and other stakeholders through a regular feedback mechanism;
- Support the management of the beneficiary complaints and feedback mechanism database;
- Update shared drive and project team space with program monitoring documents regularly;
- Facilitate the reporting and resolution of all FCM-related information;
- Ensure complaints are close within appropriate time-frame.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Rural Development, Business Administration, Statistics, Demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects;
- 1 year previous experience with local or international NGOs;
- Previous experience with FSL, WASH, and Health and Nutrition projects;
- Proficiency in the use of MS excel or other statistical package. e.g SPSS, STATA, ODK;
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri;
- Ability to work in partnership with government and development partners;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work within a team setting;
- Independence, adaptability and flexibility;
- Excellent communication skills including report writing.
Starting Basic Salary
- NGN 216,006 / Month (excluding other benefits)
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
Application Closing Date
Monday, 21st November, 2022.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Action Against Hunger provides Equal Employment Opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- This is an emergency recruitment and we are looking to fill this role as soon as possible. Candidates available to start immediately are highly preferred.
- All candidates MUST ensure they answer all the questions asked for this application. Failure to do so means candidates will not be considered for the process.
- Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply